Welcome back, everyone! Not subscribed yet and want this newsletter delivered directly to your inbox? Hit the button below! (If you’re already subscribed but would like to support the continuation of this work, feel free to upgrade to paid but this newsletter will remain public indefinitely either way!)
And if you haven’t already, be sure to drop in the Discord!
News and Updates
NounGnarversary Prop House Round
Last call to get your votes in for the NounGnarversary Prop House Round! With so many great submissions, please take your time reading through them all before voting, but don’t procrastinate! Voting ends at 9:00pm EST tonight (1:00am UTC) which is just over 7 hours from now. There is also a temporary forum in the discord for the discussion of each proposal if you have any questions. Can’t wait to see the results and all of the awesome events next month, good luck to all!
Frontend and Protocol Updates
Gnars is now a fully-fledged Nounish DAO! We have migrated 70% of the treasury to an onchain DAO executor with the other 30% and Gnars NFTs for onboarding remaining in our multisig. Onchain proposals will be automatically executed and can be found at gnars.wtf/dao. Offchain proposals will continue to utilize the Snapshot space that we have been using to date. The final front-end updates have also been rolled out! Check out Gami’s twitter thread here for more details on what those changes included. And of course a huge thank you to Volky for his incredibly thoughtful work on all of these updates.
That’s Gnarly Updates
That’s Gnarly now has communities! Check out the banner across the top and select a community to see their unique page. Each community also has its own treasury and initiatives! Other updates include the ability to translate the website into portugues or spanish, options for creators to select thumbnails, delete posts, more customizable profiles, and the addition of social links.
The timed open edition of Pixelord’s rendition of the Noun 189 head has closed! If you missed the mint but would like to collect an edition head over to the OpenSea page here.
We have lots of exciting proposal ideas constantly in the works. Please take a look and give feedback in the discord forum!
This proposal is to sponsor Tom Rohrer, who will continue riding a custom Gnarly board on his YouTube channel which has garnered over 10 million views. It will also initiate the launch of an infinite Prop House round seeking custom pro model skateboard designs, which Tom will ride on his channel!
Meier Skatepark Renovation + ever last Gnart Installation
This proposal is for the clean-up and renovation of the Meier Skatepark along with a NounGnarversary celebratory event.
Sponsor Bboy Irven to represent Gnars at Red Bull BC One Brazil
Return 0.069 ETH to vote.gami.eth for testing
This proposal was a test of the new DAO executor contract. Following the success of this proposal, the treasury migration was completed.
The Largest Noggles EVER
Alps DAO has assembled the largest noggles the world has ever seen! Source
An Infinite Work of Art
The noggle rails built for the ColetivoXV event last year have been given a fresh breath of life. Check it out here.
Gnars Jam Sessions Podcast
Be sure to tune in every Thursday at 9:00am EST to catch the Jam Session live in action! Don’t stress if you can’t make it, all episodes will be published as a podcast for you to stream at your convenience.
Daily Drop at Gnar O’Clock!
SkateHive and the Gnars Shredding Report
This week’s newsletter banner was created by Greta Gremplin!
That’s Gnarly Highlights
Here are the top 3 submissions from this past month along with a personal favorite.
In Other Nouns
Did you know there are quite a few other nounish newsletters? Take a peek at our favorites at http://gnarly.news/recommendations.
Wiz’s Federation Governance Pool’s are the talk of the nouniverse. Source
NNS Social Staking for $NOGS is here. Source
That’s all for this week! Keep proliferating and stay Gnarly ⌐◨-◨ 🤘
Gnars are a new way to fund extreme athletes
We prefer a world where kids aren’t sold energy drinks by their heroes. So as a community of action sports enthusiasts, we’ve formed a DAO to rethink how extreme athletes get sponsored.
Gnars are NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain
Based on Nouns open source and CC0 artwork, they’re stored fully on-chain with no external dependencies. Each one gets you a DAO vote and memberships are available at auction, forever.