Each SoapBox (SB) on TNS has a dedicated discord channel where the TNS team communicates with the SB team. We use that channel to let you know when your twitter spaces have been setup & your weekly tweet sent, among other things. You are very welcome to use it for planning and other discussion. Just be sure to tag the @Scheduling-Team, if you need anything within the next few hours. That role has 24/7 coverage, so you can be sure to reach someone around the clock and around the world!
The format of the show is up to you. There is a sample Run of Show below, but you are welcome to customize it. We ask that you have at least two co-hosts, so that if one person can’t make it, there is a backup to prevent cancellation.
Each Soapbox on TNS has a “Starter”. This is the TNS Team member who starts up the twitter space, and supports the soapbox during the show. This is generally the same person each week. The Starter generally does not speak unless you talk to them on air. If you need support as a host for your first few shows, just let us know.
If you are getting rugged, close the twitter app and come back in. If the entire show ends, go to the TNS twitter and reload until you see the mic icon again. The Starter will also post a link to the new space in your SB channel. Some people find they have difficulty if they need to update twitter, or have a lot of notifications pending. If you need to be co-host and it is not working, try getting setup as a speaker as well. Can’t explain it, but it works sometimes. 🙂
TNS does not provide financial support, but we encourage everyone to put a prop in to your Nounish community’s prop houses or other funding mechanisms.
Preparing for your show
The night before the show, possibly sooner, we will create your space, send a tweet, and drop the info in your channel, along with who your starter will be, and a discord timestamp with a countdown. We will tag your team, so that you know you can start tweeting! We can setup a default tweet that we automatically send each week. Or, if you want to drop your tweet into the channel prior to that, go for it, and we will send that instead. Please remember to tag pertinent parties to get the best exposure! it helps a great deal to retweet or send a new tweet from your own twitter account(s).
We have found that show tweets that have a lot of links and tags in the comments get very good exposure. Doing this well in advance of your show will help bring more viewers! This also makes links easy to find and pin during the show.
If you are having guests, prepare your questions in advance.
Get ready to log in any twitter accounts that you want to have in there on a different phone or a PC using bluestacks, for instance, Aubtoshi might login the FOODNOUNS account, but speak from her personal account. If you have enough speaker slots (twitter limits to 10, in addition to the 2 co-hosts), it is great to set those up as speakers, so that followers of that account will get a notification, and the pfp will show the purple circle and microphone on the twitter account. relevant shows are welcome to have the internatioNouns account logged in. Just touch vase with xargs for a hook up.
Here we go!
– all parties (starter and SB Team) check in before the show in the TNS discord channel dedicated to the show.
– post the show link in discords and send out a reminder tweet.
– the Starter will start the show, and will let you know when it is live. They will then set you up as a co-host.
– start the music.
– pin tweets
– while the music plays, welcome people and ask them to retweet the room (give instructions)
– turn off the music
– introduce yourself, your project, TNS, and Nouns. If you have a guest, say who they will be.
– if you are offering re-tweet pickers, poaps, etc, explain that
– ask for another retweet, ask audience to follow your account and each other to build community.
– start your show! remember to remind them throughout to retweet the room. It is good to set a timer for every 10 or 15 minutes, and just say “please retweet the room if you haven’t already”.
– give out any poaps, picker prizes, etc.
– “housekeeping” – let your audience know what is happening in the upcoming week in your eco system.
– “TNS housekeeping” – we appreciate it if you let people know what is coming up in our schedule, and let people know about any contests that we are running. You can access the calendar here:
– please end your show at least 5 minutes before the next show.
– start the music when you are close to ready to end.
– the Starter will end the space, and post analytics in your SB channel
We do not maintain an archive of the recordings. This site will email you an mp3 audio file: